my cans

my cans
they are mine!

Friday, April 2, 2010

frustration overload

Hello computer.

Today started like any day. Sort of. I was up early, and was up and about, all excited about having this factory to myself this morning. Turns out that over nine thousand tiny things absolutely had to be repaired today. Including a superficial hub cap that hides the wheel nuts. That pointless job took two to three friggin hours. GRAH!!! *by this point I was ready to tear my hair out. *stolen from shinxy*

Then after this job a slightly less superficial job came up. This one was fixing the rear bumper bar. It had a habit of wobbling at high speeds due to a missing clip. Annoying? yes. Super critical? no. This job took three hours. I suggested duct tape to hold it on for the trip. If it is good enough for racing applications, it is good enough for a standard drive.

During all of this I am worried about moving cars to safer locations, including one that had a curfew. That in itself was a saga. We started to get ready to move at 6 pm sharp. All that was required for this curfewed car was an oil check, and a jump start. Guess how long it took. No seriously guess. If you said over 40 minutes, you would be right. We ended up having to break curfew to move it which was worrying.

At 8 pm we resumed work on the bumper bar. This took only 10 minutes, after which shinxy and myself went for a drive. Electric kittens and confined spaces don't mix so well. They get frustrated and all sparky. After being gone for around an hour, we get back fully expecting to have a locked factory to greet us with them either gone, or getting ready to go.

Oh no. not in the slightest. At first sight it looked like he just didn't fully pack up. On closer inspection it was revealed that the entire back seat had been removed. It turns out that perfect speakers are a critical requirement for a drive. I don't know about you, but so long as some speakers work, I am ready to go. Nope ALL of the speakers were checked, and two are currently being replaced.

What next? "Oh dear the upholstery isn't perfect. Must get that fixed right now!". I am not helping any more projects. The major ones were done. The not so major ones were done, now it is just the inane.

In the comments lets have a quick contest over the long weekend. Whomever comes up with the most hilarious and pointless thing to be fixed on a car gets... lets go with a picture of themselves as I envision them drawn horribly in paint. Or any other prize ideas would also be welcome.

3 comments:

  1. getting those annoying blood stains out of the boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I think this is a good one because really if there were blood stains in the boot a trip away would be the least of his problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sparking, wasn't I? Good thing you got me out of there before I used Selfdestruct!

    ReplyDelete