my cans

my cans
they are mine!

Monday, March 29, 2010

another day in paradise

So today I finally got around to looking for actual places to stay.

I found a room in a place that had recently been on fire. Most would think of that as a bad thing, but it is the law of probability in essence. Why would fire strike the same place twice? Fire works like lightning right?

But in all seriousness, you can't go from hobo to extravagance in one jump it would be too much of a shock. Could you imagine not wanting to shower because it was too nice to ruin? I can, and frankly I would rather not smell like a hobo.

As I was driving there some guy was being a hooning idiot in a little rice burner car. Now my car is 15 years old, misfiring, and has seen an accident or two, but he saw my red plates of doom, and was challenging me to a drag. Knowing how shit those cars are at acceleration, I decided to race him to the speed limit. The light turned green, I looked at him, and the moment he started moving, I eased onto the throttle, and once I was rolling punched it. As we were entering a freeway, he didn't keep up. So for all of you that think because your car has a spoiler and a turbo makes it fast, realise that no matter how much you tweak it, physics says that unless you are boosting at 1 bar (13 psi for the noobs who don't understand atmospheres) your 1.8 litre engine cannot meet my 3.8 litres of sheer volume. it just cannot happen. Well unless your engine spins twice as fast, but honestly whose car revs up to 10k? In a drag race power is important, but torque is what wins races. So end story, unless it is a racing engine, a bigger volume will kill your car in any drag.

Just because I am the jobless hobo doesn't mean I are stoopid.

Seen any cans?

1 comment:

  1. There's an empty can of mixed berries here with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete