my cans

my cans
they are mine!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

operation move car at night

For those playing along at home, so all 1 of you, you may recall that me and cars have had an interesting month. First my baby decided that going where I wanted it to go was far too conformist so she decided that plowing into a guard rail was what all the cool cars were doing. Having had an exciting day fixing my car that ended a little into the following day, I assumed all was sweet. A few weeks later a wheel nearly falls off. yes. A. WHOLE. WHEEL. So my baby got relegated into being parked in the garage while I worked up the ability, time and funds to fix her.

Well today I got the new wheel studs. The only thing left to do was to get her from way up in the hills to the workshop where I could fix these things into her (yes at home in my factory, my god this is kickarse). However this required extreme talent/caution because have you ever tried to drive a car that is held together by goodwill and pats alone? It is bloody scary. So with John behind me we drove, at a whopping 40 km/h, or about 15 mph for those of you who are backwater and follow the imperial system.

Co driver wanted Maccas halfway home so we stopped there. Was boring, but 5 minutes later we were off again. 5 minutes after that we arrived, car is safe huzzah!

Tomorrow we fix her, more information then.

Stay away from my cans

4 comments:

  1. Does the 'baby' have a name? I named my friend's car Lucas and he went mental. Said it didn't suit. And that it had to be a girl.

    It's a Daimler classic for God's sake. I've rarely seen a less feminine looking car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you had enough time to write a blog post but not enough time to send me a goodnight message :P?

    ReplyDelete
  3. give me a break. mewtwo > shinx.

    I haven't named her yet, but what name would suit a dark green holden?

    ReplyDelete